2017 Walk to Save Animals
The Arizona Animal Welfare League's Walk to Save Animals 2k & 5k walk is a tradition for many Phoenix residents and AAWL alumni families. This family and pet-friendly event is AAWL's largest annual fundraiser, bringing out more than 3,000 people and dogs to help raise funds for the thousands of homeless and medically in-need animals AAWL rescues.
By registering to participate as an individual or a team in the 2017 Walk to Save Animals, you are directly helping to care for more than 4,000 homeless pets that come into AAWL's shelter each year. The funds raised at this event allow AAWL to save animals at risk of euthanasia, provide medical care to sick or injured animals, provide additional behavior training to make pets more adoptable, and much more.
Every dog is a star at the Walk to Save Animals! This star-studded event is more than just a 2k & 5k walk! You and your pooch can shop pet related vendors, gather tons of freebies for Fido in the Pet Marketplace, win prizes, get celebrity makeovers, view demonstrations like lure coursing and agility, enjoy refreshments, experience fun activities with your furry family members, and much more! Bring the entire family and spend the morning at Tempe Town Lake helping to save lives and treating your pup like they star they are!
- Online registration closes at 11:59 p.m. on THURSDAY, NOV. 2, 2017
- Day-of registration opens at 7 a.m.
- 2k & 5k Walk will start at 8:45 a.m.
REGISTRATION FEES (September 1 - November 2):
- Adult $35
- Youth (17 yrs or under) $25
Grab your friends, family, and co-workers and walk as TEAM! Walk teams are the biggest factor in helping us reach our fundraising goal, which is why we hope you'll form a team, collect donations in honor of your pets, and join us for all the fun as a group on Nov 4th. Need help starting a team?
Attend a Walk Team Pup Rally on one of the following dates:
Thursday, August 3, 2017: 5:30 - 7PM
Tuesday, August 8, 2017: 5:30 - 7PM
Saturday, August 12, 2017: 10 - 11:30AM
- Particpate in the Walk of Fame! Walk the 2k or 5k course catching out all the celebrities along the way and finish at the red carpet, complete with paparazzi and adoring fans!
- Make sure your dog is the talk of the town and stop by the Pup Salon for a quick makeover.
- Calling all AAWL Alumni! Stop by the Alumni booth to pick up your sparkling Alumni Bandana and strut your stuff during the Alumni Parade at the main stage!
- Does your pup have what it takes to be famous? Test out their stage skills at the Talent Search! And don't forget to stop by the Puparazzi Booth for their new headshot!
- Enjoy refreshments from local Food Trucks before and after the walk.
- Check out the Pet Marketplace! Get everything you need for your pooch in this area featuring more than 20 pet food and product vendors giving out tons of samples.
- Smile! Have your dogs take a picture with Santa or get a Custom Caricature of your pups in the Pet Fest.
- Take advantage of an amazing Microchip & ID Tag deal. For just $10 you can get your pet microchipped and a brand new ID tag (or $6 each) to ensure that if they ever escape they are returned to you safely and quickly. And for a little extra safety coverage, have your dogs take part in our Blessing of the Animals before they leave.
- Shop tons of pet-friendly merchandise and service booths. You'll find fancy collars, cute dog beds and more toys than your pup will know what to do with. Don't worry cat lovers, there will be plenty of kitty products for you to shop and bring home to your cat napper.
- Get your pup to harness their energy and test their skills! Check out the K9 Agility Course & Lure Course for a run through the obstacles that will wear out even the most energetic of dogs.
More than 3,000 dog-loving pet parents attend the Walk to Save Animals every year. This is the ideal space to showcase your company and support a local Valley organization. Support the Walk to Save Animals, become a Sponsor!
Become a Walk Sponsor!
Walk Course Map